Friday, November 23, 2007

Hockey Sock Rock #2

Dionne and the Puck-Tones, Marcel Dionne, Dave Taylor, Charlie Simmer, Los Angeles Kings, Please Forgive My Misconduct Last Night, record, 45 rpm, cover, hockey, songsDionne and the Puck-Tones
Please Forgive My Misconduct Last Night (1979)
Listen!
(right click and choose "save link as" to download)

Dionne, Taylor, and Simmer are three of the ugliest dudes you'll ever see on a record cover, but they managed to make one of my favorite songs by professional athletes. That may not seem like it's saying very much, but they get some stiff competition from the Saskatchewan Roughriders' Milk Song, and the song off Shaquille O'Neal's Shaq Fu: The Return where he rhymes "I drive a Suzuki like David Suzuki."

Hockey Blog in Canada posted a sweet song about Bobby Hull here.

4 comments:

Bob Bourne said...

I actually had the chance to play that record FOR Guy Lafleur during a CBC interview (we were talking about HIS record). He found it most amusing.

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for putting this (and the other side of the record) on the Internet. My mother bought this 45 back when and I used to have it on a mix tape. I'm thankful to now have it in my iTunes library.

Anonymous said...

I have this song on video. It's included with a song that Espisito era Rangers sang on a video called "Super Duper Hockey Bloopers". Good stuff

Anonymous said...

酒店經紀,酒店小姐,酒店,酒店經紀,酒店小姐,酒店經紀,酒店兼職,